Tuesday, February 3, 2009

66 days

I decided to look at a "proper" training program to get some tips about what I should be doing...it's scary! So I've improvised it a little. What was stressed was that hills are very important, especially considering how many hills there are on the 2 Oceans route!

So yesterday was hills, it was supposed to be 20mins of hills but the hill in question was about 2 km away, so 4 X 200m worth of hills was settled on. It took about 12 minutes. I think every Monday will be hills and every Monday I'll do 2 more hills.

Below is my heartrate response from those 4 hills and you can clearly see it rising and falling as I get to the top of the hill and walk back down! You can clearly see the 4 big peaks, it takes me about 1:30 to go up the hill and a similar amount of time to come back down.


Like I've said in previous posts this is usually not the case, hy heartrate usually doesn't respond in this linear fashion, it rather jumps around. I felt pretty good on the hills although I do feel quite tired now, and I was buggered last night, I was fast asleep by 9:30!!

Today I need to do a 20min run/walk, but I'm going to include an 800m test run in that, because the program prescribes 800m runs later on and I'd like to know if I can do one in the calculated time. If you'd like to see the program I am trying to follow... if slightly modified, check out this link

No comments: