Thursday, February 19, 2009

50 days... todays the deciding day!

I'm going to the cardiologist today, I'm pretty sure that he'll be happy for me to continue training. Yesterday was a 30min run, which was 4km on the route I previously dubbed Hell on Tar. Well I didn't go all the way to the top yesterday because I only wanted to do 4km, but it seemed a lot less hellish. I decided to push the last little bit to the turn around point and there were no complaints from my legs. Sure it was probably ill advised but it's really nice to be able to just go faster when I wanted to. Whats more is my heartrate didn't misbehave too badly.


I set the limits up by 10bpm to 130 for my running interval and that seemed to work fine, the problem was more getting it to drop from 95bpm to 93bpm on the recovery, especially when walking uphill so I'll probably increase that a bit aswell. This is all a learning curve for me and as long as my heart remains in it's current state, I suspect I'll be playing around with these values a lot.

No comments: