Sunday, February 15, 2009

54 days

I tried running using my heart rate as the control for my intervals and it worked pretty successfully. There are a few things that I need to change though. First being that I set the recovery heart rate limit too low at 90bpm. It could have been 92/93bpm instead as it was a challenge to get it to go that low. My running limit could possibly be a little higher as well, but I'll leave it at 120bpm at for now while I "experiment" with this. I think there could be a difference between the response with runs in the morning where I have just taken meds and runs in the afternoon where I haven't.
If you look at the graph you'll see my heart rate jumps quite hectically, it doesn't feel any different and I should perhaps have had the presence of mind to take it manually. I think it's just atrial beats being picked up by my monitor as I exert myself harder, but this happened while walking, not running, up a slight incline. Anyway I stopped at the 2km mark, rested till it dropped to a normal rate and then continued running. It's interesting to note that the curve of the "offset cycle" still follows a recovery pattern.

This was a 4km run completed in 30:40, i did stop the counter for while I was getting my heart rate back to an acceptable rate. I would just hate this to happen in a race when it isn't really necessary for me to rest, but we'll see.

I ran 5km on Saturday morning aswell unfortunately my monitor was misbehaving again so I had to use "normal" intervals again. It took 37 mins to complete.

In the first half on February I've completed 62km of training!

No comments: