Tuesday, February 17, 2009

52 Days

Yesterday was hills again, and my heartrate monitor was working. The warmup was done between 120bpm and 92bpm, this seemed to work quite well, and as soon as I started to feel my legs complaining, my heartrate got above 120 and I could walk.

We did 6 hills yesterday as you can see in the graph below. I'm pretty sure we did them faster and the overall time, including the warmup and cool down, for the 6km was 49:45 whereas last weeks 5.6km took 50:45.

I've always said that I'd listen to my body and I think I do that pretty well, so yesterday on the last hill, when I decided that I wanted to go a little bit faster there were no complaints from my body. My heartrate didn't go up significantly compared to the other hills but I was able to do the 200m uphill in 1:04 whereas all the other hills were about 1:15. It felt great to go fast, and feel power in my legs... I think this hill training once a week is doing me some good!

Whats also very good is that in the 2 or so minutes it takes to walk back to the bottom of the hill my heartrate dropped normally to about 95bmp every time!

No comments: