Monday, February 9, 2009

60 days!!!

Friday was a leasurely 5km walk in 48mins as I knew I had Saturday ahead of me. Saturday, the long run, was 100min on the road. Ok so it turned out to be 107min on the road and 13km which wasn't too shabby, it was at about 8:10min/km which was in the suggested target zone and if maintained would bring me in just under the 180min mark. So I'm quite happy with that. Unfortunately my polar was giving me trouble so I have no data to show for it.

Today is more hills! Sounds like fun. I can hardly believe that it's so close! I must admit that I still haven't entered the race... and I probably should, but I'm waiting to see what the cardiologist says. I'm encouraged, but also a little concerned by my heart's sudden slow rate. For illustration I've attached some data from October, which is generally what I'm used to seeing.


You can see that what my heart currently does is more like a normal heart should behave, which is encouraging, but it's not what I'm used to and thats worrying. So I'd really like to ask a doctor whats up. Obviously my silly bit of Polar data isn't particularly accurate and the ecg and echo data that I'll get from the doctor will let me know if this means I'm better or worse. But thats in 2 weeks time, for now, I'm gonna train like I'm going.

No comments: