Wednesday, February 18, 2009

51 days

I think yesterday's run was arguably the most enjoyable run I've had in years. It was 6km in 45 min which is about 7:30min/km which is pretty good for me. Whats more I think I've realised why I'm feeling so strong at the moment. I think my heart has gone into sinus rythm, which I think just means it's beating like a normal heart and that I don't have arythmia. Thats just my supposition but it feels very regular and slow, and responds very well to effort. Here's another heartrate graph from yesterday....
Whats also interesting is that at the last race my heartrate didn't go above 120bpm at all, but yesterday I managed to get it to the high 130's. I think the reason is that I took my meds not an hour earlier when I ran the night race, and I usually take my meds after my night training sessions. Maybe there's a case to decrease my medication dosage aswell. Whats more, if my heart is in sinus rythm and it stays there for a year or so, I'll be able to come off the most dangerous of my medications, warfarin. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get answers to all these questions when I visit the cardiologist.

No comments: