Wednesday, February 4, 2009

65 days

Part of the program I mentioned yesterday includes running reps of 800m and if you are running a marathon you use the hours and minutes you are aiming for to determine your minutes and seconds to do an 800m rep. If you are running a half marathon you take your 10km time, multiply it by 4.66 to get your equivalent marathon time and then do the same thing.

If I take my latest 10k time of 78mins then I get a goal 800m time of 6min 04sec this seemed rather long, and besides I'd like to do a bit better than that. So I used the very reasonable time of 70mins for a 10k to calculate my goal 800m time and got to 5:26. Then yesterday, which was meant to be a 20min run/walk, I walked to the school which I know has an 800m circumference and let rip... well kindof. I didn't expect to be able to finish the 800m without stopping, but to my surprise I made it!! Whats more, imagine my surprise when I completed the 800m in 4:17, now I'm under no illusions that I can do a really fast half marathon, but maybe I can do it little faster than I think I can currently. Keep you posted

No comments: