Thursday, March 12, 2009

I said it would be some interesting data!

Today's run was interesting, although I didn't feel as bad as Monday or as good as a few weeks ago, I did feel a little better. I was 400mg of Amiodarone up, so I assume it is taking some effect. You can see from the graph that my heart was behaving even more unpredicatably! Hopefully by tomorrow it will have taken enough effect to either have slipped me back into sinus rythm or help the cardioversion force me into sinus rythm


It was hills again, this time run by the whole club. It was sobering knowing that a few weeks ago I was running up that hill as fast if not faster than everyone and now I couldn't keep running for the 200m hill. Anyway I ran 45 seconds of the hill and then walked the rest, resulting in the uphill taking me 2min instead of just over 1min. Amazing what the rythm of the heart does! It's a huge difference. In all we did 6km with 6 hills, which was more than I intended to do, but I'll sleep well tonight and be ready for tomorrow's procedure.

I've been thinking about what might happen after tomorrow. I think, whether I'm in sinus or not, Dr Guerra will probably suggest that I stay on the amiodarone for a few more days and perhaps try another cardioversion. Whatever happens I'm still not convinced that I should shift this goal out yet. I want to do the 2 Oceans in a month and if I'm feeling well enought to continue training I will. I think whatever happens tomorrow I'll take it a little more easy than before. I'll concentrate on getting the distance done and anything faster than 7:30 per km will be too fast. Afterall the goal was alway just to finish! I got so caught up with this new found strength that I forgot that. I have a bad heart, I should never let myself forget that, I think for the most part I have learned to live well within that, but the passed few months just allowed me to forget for a while. I won't make that mistake again.

No comments: