Thursday, March 19, 2009

23 days

While I certainly don't have as much power as I did before I'm defititely feeling better than on Monday. I think it must have been too much salt, I'll have to be very careful indeed going forward. I ran 6km on a route that included some long, mild hills, which I found relatively challenging, especially when compared to running hills a few weeks ago, but I guess I must admit I was in hospital last week, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of power is due to the effects of amiodarone, which has a 50 day average half life in your body. That means it takes 50 days to halve the amount stored in my tissue, so in 100 days I will still have a quarter of the 1000mg I took in my body!! This is good for my heart rythm, I guess, because it'll probably stop me from getting out of sinus for a while, but the other effect is that my heart rate is REALLY slow and I assume consequently i have quite low blood pressure. You would think then I should eat more salt...but that is obviously also very bad for me!My knee did bother me a bit today, which is bad news! I thought perhaps running with the orthotics would help, but by the 5th km it was starting to niggle and was noticeable all the way home. I think I'll leave it till after my long run this weekend to see how it feels, then I'll make an appointment to see a doctor about it.

No comments: