Sunday, March 29, 2009

13 days to go!!

Two weeks today is race day!! How time flies!! I got my new orthotic inserts yesterday and I think they helped. I went for a 5km run yesterday, which I completed in 36minutes, which is well withing my target range, and I was using reasonable intervals. Whats more it was a relatively hilly route. In about the last 500m I could start to feel my knee again, but MUCH less than before, so it leads me to believe there is some improvement due to these inserts.

My heartrate is still good, following my effort, as it should. I've attached the heartrate data from Friday to prove it.
I then went for about a 3hr cycle this morning, as promised. It seems to be really difficult to find safe places to cycle in Pretoria with verges that allow you to get out of the maniacal drivers way! But we got home safely so it's all good. Ended up doing about 60km, which is also pretty good considering it's almost a year since I touched a bike seriously.

2 comments:

gemini said...

You've made great progress! If it wasn't for you medical condition I'd swear you were one of the regulars :-) Best of luck with the 2 oceans half!

Mark said...

hehehe... but I am a regular! :P Just a REALLY slow one. Thanks Gemini