Saturday, March 14, 2009

27 days... if it's not one thing then it's another!!

To be perfectly honest I was a bit worried on Thursday night that, although the procedure had worked, I had again slipped out of sinus rythm later the same day. I could have sworn there were irregular beats as I was lying in bed going to sleep. However last night and this morning proved me wrong. I'm back to having a slow regular beat that responds perfectly to effort, so my heart rate is once again an indication of speed or steepness of the hill.

The graph is of the 10 I did this morning which was aptly named the Sunrise Monster. The start was scheduled for 6:08, sunrise and the terrain was monstrous. The hills around Pretoria are pretty scary when you don't have a motor vehicle!! On the steepest hill, which rivals the roads on the side of Signal Hill in Cape Town, one woman had passed out and soon after an ambulance came passed to help her out!

I erred on the side of caution this time, walking up most of the hills and jogging the downhills, we were going along at a nice pace, when something else that has been bothering me very mildly for the passed few weeks, but in comparison was too small to mention here really came to the fore! My left knee started complaining to me! I think it was all the downhills, because it really was very hilly terrain.

So now my heart is happy again, and I intend to keep it that way for a long time, but my knee is unhappy! Think the universe is trying to tell me something!!?

2 comments:

Moi said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, last week BOTH my knees were eina after my run and complained bitterly about stairs. The good news is that even though I have the same issue this week it's only half as bad and I ran about 6km further this week. So hopefully your knees will adjust as well :) PS I hate hills!

Mark said...

Thanks! I hope they do recover, although I must say I haen't noticed any major pain since Saturday, so maybe it's just the very hilly terrain. i hope yours stay better!