Tuesday, March 10, 2009

32 days to go

I tried to get hold of my cardiologist today, unfortunately I was too late to get him on the phone and will have to wait till Wednesday. Although it's urgent I don't think it's life threatening, only goal threatening. Hopefully I can speak to him on Wednesday and perhaps get an emergency appointment. Maybe he'll agree to give me a cardioversion.

I still ran today but it really does feel like I'm worse off at the moment than I was before New Year. I just have less capacity to go faster, especially uphill, even up mild hills. Compared to a few weeks earlier, it really makes me sad.

This is what my heart rate looks like, as you can see there are times when my heart rate jumps to 220 bpm. I don't think it's as bad as it looks, and I've gotten used to this kind of thing happening every now and then. However in this new mode it happens more and more often. Marli left me a comment suggesting that I rest a bit, perhaps that is good advice but I'm so close!! I've booked the tickets entered the race, I'll have gotten the T-Shirt! And I'll be able to say I ENTERED the 2 Oceans in 2009! :(

For now, until I have a proffesional opinion to the contrary, I'm going to keep training gently. Hopefully things come right before the race.

No comments: