Saturday, April 11, 2009

The night before

I had a relatively chilled day, went out for lunch with some friends and avoided eating a very big or salty meal, also didn't drink anything and then had a simple pasta dinner for supper. To be honest, my heart is doing a funny skip every now and then, it's like it takes a quick beat, but then takes a long time on the next beat, so I'm not really sure whats going on. I'll just take it as it comes tomorrow.

I don't think I'm particularly nervous, but I am worried about being kicked off the course for not finishing in 3 hours, apparently they clear the course for the front marathon runners, so if you are too slow you aren't allowed to finish! My knee is ok at the moment but I'll only know how much it has healed tomorrow. I'm going to start by walking the first 10 minutes and then I'll only start my intervals. Hopefully that will allow my knee to warm up nicely. I'll also try to stretch as much as possible before hand.

Otherwise I'm pretty excited and upbeat about it and I'm pretty sure I can do it in the necessary time, however someone also pointed out that there are a good few minutes that are wasted just getting out of the starting area! Anyway theres not much point in speculating now, I'm gonna get out there and just do it! :P

No comments: