Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The new Mission

It's not what you think. I'm not going to stop running, but for now I'm not going to have a running mission. I'm busy completing my Master of Science Degree in Mechatronics Engineering through the University of KwaZulu-Natal. My thesis has always been something over the horizon, but I would have liked to have it complete by June/July, but if I'm honest, the passed month has done me no good! Most of my efforts were concentrated on being certain of completing the race on 11 April. Then I got home and got sick, what it adds up to is almost an entire month of very little work.

I did a little mental arithmetic earlier and if I write a modest length thesis of say 150 pages and say that I have 94 days till the end of July, that means, modestly, that I need to write 1.6 pages a day if I work every day and there are no interruptions. But you can probably count on not being able to write for at least a quarter of those days, so I can comfortably say I need to be writing 2 pages a day and probably more like 3 or 4 a day.

Thats quite a Mission!! As you'll have noticed I've changed the blog a bit to recognise this change in direction. I won't be blogging content as that presents serious intellectual property issues, but I will try to describe my progress without going into detail. I guess this may change some of the readership, but I promise I'll get back to my exercise goals as soon as I've done this.

No comments: