Thursday, April 2, 2009

9 days

I had hoped to go for an 8km run this afternoon, it was time trial which meant I could conveniently drop out after every 2km lap if my knee started to hurt. However I'm not sure what was wrong, perhaps I ran too fast, or perhaps it was something to do with lunch, which was the healthiest thing I could see on the menu, other than a salad, which would have had even less street cred. Whatever it was I wasn't feeling 100% and struggled to run most of the way. In the end I chickened out after 6km, which was ok, because my knee was starting to hurt. Whats more it was actually quite a good pace (for me) at 7:12km/min!
From my heartrate data, it doesn't really appear that I was taking strain. So thats why I thought it was a blood sugar/pressure thing. Anyway hopefully I can prevent that in the race. I'm thinking of not doing anything on Friday and just doing the 15km on Saturday. Next week I'm going to do very little running, as I'd prefer to stay off my knee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm holding thumbs for you!!
Marli

Mark said...

Thanks Marli!! I really appreciate it!