Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not quite a mission

Over the passed few months I've gotten really unfit. Gym is really boring, but necessary. It was easier when there were people to talk to. So I've decided once more to cycle to work 3 times a week, it helps that I can now shower at the work gym. I had wanted to do the 94.7 but have a clash so I can't.

I'm also going to go to gym twice a week to do weights. I'll see if I'm alive by the end of the week, but I'd also like to swim once a week, so that would have to be on Saturday morning I guess... a few laps of the pool at gym.

I started the cycling yesterday, to work it took me 32 mins, the return trip was torture as I seem to live quite high up. That took me 45 mins, but I felt pretty good afterward. Of course when I got into bed at 9:30, which is earlier than usual for me, it was lights out. On the brighter side, waking up at 5:45 isn't so hard anymore.

I want to say things like "I hope I can keep it up", but I should be saying things like "I will keep this up". I just need to find another tangible goal to work towards, but losing 8kg is good enough for now. When I ran the Two Oceans I weighed about 74kg's. Now I weigh 82!! When I get back to that weight, I'll think of riding the Argus or doing the 94.7 again. So now it's going to back to boring blogging of exercise sessions I'm afraid.

Yes I did go to gym this morning, and I feel good for it. I only did two sets of my "full body" workout, I'll take that up to three next week, when I feel stronger.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Mark. I discovered your blog yesterday when searching for more info on Arycor, which I see you are also taking. I am also a cardiac patient, I have low BP, low pulse rate and a mitral valve prolape causing arrythmia. I have had a few stints in hospital and ICU this year and last week was put onto Arycor, after becoming resistant to my previous anti-arrhythmic drug. I was wondering how the arycor makes you feel, as I feel awfull since taking it - although it does seem to be helping with the arrythmia. Would be great to hear from you, Joanne.

Anonymous said...

I also started going to gym about 2 weeks ago. They made me sign the dreaded 2 year contract AND it is becoming winter again. But like you, I WILL continue!!

Marli

Mark said...

Hi Jo. Shows how long ago I actually checked my blog! I'm no longer on Arycor, but I can't remember feeling any major ill effects at the time. My only complaint was a really slow heart rate, and probably a decreased ability to exercise, which can be quite frustrating. I'm now on coversyl and another drug, the name escapes me, I'll put it up later this week

Mark said...

Hi Marli, I hope you continued!! Long time!