Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Really good day

I went for a really nice 5km run today, not very fast, about 39 mins which is pretty pedestrian, anyway I was chatting about where I am with my project at the moment, and I realised just how close I really am to finishing this project! I mean I've known I'm almost there for some time and there are certainly a few niggly things that I need to sort out, but on the whole, most of the problems are solved. The only major task that needs to be completed now is the software. It just sortof struck me properly this time.

It's about time! So with renewed vigour I came home showere, had a quick bite to eat and then sat down to tackle the software again! Ofcourse a vnc connection over wireless and through vpn is REALLY frustrating and I gave that up as a bad job, to be completed in work time! Then i thought I'd start preparing some of the illustrations! Which require a drawing package, but who knew that this would also be dead slow!? So I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to do text only writing at home, and all the other niggly little things will need to be done at work. Which sucks a bit, but oh well such is life.

All in all I think my writeup is coming along slowly but surely. I think I'm almost done with a first draft of one of my chapters. Without drawings it's only 7 pages long, which is perhaps a bit sparse but i'll ask my supervisor to give it a read anyway. Much of the most difficult chapter that I need to write has already been written, as a sortof article I started to write, so I'm almost 2 chapters down! But still, the clock is ticking, I haven't worked out the days left lately, but I know I'll be alarmed!

No comments: