Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Second day of training

Yesterday, 18 Feb was pretty intense, but I suspect it will get even more intense. We were split into groups of four and were awarded points for participation throughout the day. We went through things like Mazlow's hierarchy and Human development. We also were introduced to the Hess teaching methods and the Hess curriculum, both of which are very comprehensive. We had a lot of fun with a gangsta wrap competition and some songs and story time. It's amazing how much fun adults can have when you tell them they are allowed to behave like children again. There was a hug-a-thon, where you were expected to hug as many people as possible.

Finally we had to present a song to some of our peers who were to behave like the students in our class. This was quite fun and acted as our first demo. We seemed to have done pretty well, and I was lucky enough to be in the same class as Renalda's group. She also did very well.

How do I feel? Excited, overwhelmed, terrified, interested and certainly challenged. I'm way out of my comfort zone, which is exactly where I want to be! My only problem is that the annoying little post nasal  drip that I've experienced over the past few days has turned into a full blown cold, stuffy nose, chesty cough etc. Not ideal, but I have stuff that will see me through. I did my TEFL under similar conditions, I will survive.

No comments: