Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vertical Gardening

I was recently referred to a gardening book, Vertical Gardening and Container Gardening - Ideas for Growing Vegetables and Herbs In Small Vertical Places Outdoors and Indoors - Joe Marshall and decided to give vertical gardening a go. It seems like a low maintenance way of growing your own produce. It's mobile and it doesn't require lots of bending over. An added bonus was that Renalda's family were looking to get rid of some 4" PVC pipe which is perfect for one of the projects he describes.

Below is a picture of 3 of the 7 pipes I made. I hope to grow spinach, mixed lettuce, tomato, green peppers, strawberries and a variety of mixed herbs. That way I can use the worm juice I make in my garage from my vegetable offcuts, and of course use some of the fruits of my compost heap.

My vertical veggie garden
If successful I'll certainly post some more pics... or dishes that I've made.



No comments: