Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 3 2008 Exercise log

Melodie (my regular running partner) and I decided this week that we would run a 10km every month from now on, well I say run, but what I mean is complete. We didn't consult Melinda (my other regular running partner) in this decision, she is simply expected to comply :P. Just to get used to doing the longer distances and being on the road for more than an hour. We decided to run the George Claasen 10km, which starts at Menlyn Shopping center, does a loop through the eastern suburbs of Pretoria and ends again at Menlyn.

Monday 14 January 2008
Distance: 5km
Total time: 41:41
Intervals: 45/105
Pace: 8:16 min/km
Average HR: 139
Route: Clarke

Wednesday 16 January 2007
Distance: 4.3km
Total time: 35:45
Intervals: 45/120
Pace: 8:15 min/km
Average HR: 139
Route: Can't remember

Friday 18 January 2007
Rained out

I handed out water at the Old Mutual marathon on Saturday 19th, it was insane to see how the front runners some by at pace. They are keeping a pace which I would struggle to keep at a sprint and they continue, for 21 or 42km!! It's crazy! They come past you and grab water sachets out of your hand with a slap. But the people I really envied are the mediocre people who could run, slowly, for the whole race. That's who I want to be, but I somehow don't think I'll ever get there. I do think I will finish a 21 one day, before the cutoff, but running an entire 21? I have serious doubts.

No comments: