Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The gang is growing!

I started off running alone and that was all good, especially in the beginning, because I could go at my own pace and feel comfortable doing how I wanted to. But about 2 months ago someone joined me! She decided she liked the interval training and would run with me, then about a month ago another lady joined me.

This was the trio that ran a 10km last Saturday. But for the past few runs there has been another lady that has been trying to join me as well. It seems like yesterday she joined us properly, so now we are a gang of 4. I've had numerous requests from the runners to join them, but at the moment I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing and it seems that this is making other people happy as well.

The bonus is that I have control of the reigns, I tell them how my watch is set, but that doesn't mean I have to stick to it. On Saturday in the race I'd set it up for 1min running and 2min walking. But towards the end I started running earlier, so that the running interval was longer and the rest interval shorter. I think it allowed us to catch up some time, and no-one complained. hehehe

No comments: